Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Admin & Finance Assistant
Requirements for the position
Area: Human Resources, Finance, Administration
Experience: Previous working with MSF/NGO experience or relevant jobs with at least two years is essential
Education: Finance, business or administration related diploma is desirable
Languages: English (essential - written and spoken fluent English); Turkish (essential - written and spoken fluent Turkish); Arabic (added value)
Flexibility: Weekend work not planned in advance
Place of work: Hatay/Turkey
Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to HR & Finance managers’ indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
• Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, supporting in the payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
• Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
• Contribute in the preparation of employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labor and fiscal law compliance.
• Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
• Update Social security & Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
• Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
• Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF’s interests.
• Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
• Assist the finance manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
• Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the finance manager of any sort of disparity.
• Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
• Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
• Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Finance Manager.
• File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, in collaboration with the support from the Finance Manager.
• Support the department in translating documents into local language. Assists the Coordinator in meetings upon request.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English to MSFOCB-Hatay-Admin@brussels.msf.org entitled Admin&Finance Assistant - HATAY/TURKEY”.
The deadline is February 24, 2016.
The date of the written test is planned to be on February 26, at 10:00 am.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.