Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Administration Assistant (female or male)
Responsible to: Financial Coordinator; HR Coordinator
Work Place: Akçakale, with travels to surrounding areas
Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to the supervisor’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure accuracy, legal compliance, and to keep a strict control over monetary resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow up property rental contracts
- Track utilities and communication costs
- Write and/or check official letters, reports and other documents related to the project as required
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to ensure effective HR management
- Prepare monthly staff payroll
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with organization standards
- Prepare and archive formal certificates and other HR documents
- Follow up cost of living on a regular basis
- Support line managers in recruitment and hiring process
- Record all cash transactions in the daily cash book
- Control and monitor cash payments from the cashbox
- Perform daily check-ups of the cashboxes
- Prepare payments of salaries, incentives and allowances
- Perform monthly reconciliation and cash counts before closing the monthly accounts
- Follow-up cash advances and ensure they are duly refunded
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation and authorization involved
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and
- File the accounting documents and enter the transactions in the accounting software
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
Education: Certificate or diploma in business, HR or Finance Management, or similar education desirable
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience as HR or Finance Assistant, or in similar related jobs
Languages: English and Turkish essential; Kurdish or Arabic a plus
Knowledge: Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet) essential
Competencies: Very good communication skills; accuracy; result-orientated, team-working, committed, good stress management.
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles: (http://www.msf.org/msf-charter-and-principles; http://sinirtanimayandoktorlar.org/hakkimizda/tuzuk-ve-ilkelerimiz)
Interested candidates should submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application will be on Friday, February 12, 2016. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job vacancy is for Akçakale, Turkey. No accommodation or relocation allowance will be given.