Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Base Logistician
Requirements for the position
Education: Secondary Education
Experience: None is required. Desirable experience with other NGOs.
Languages: Essential - Turkish (fluent) and English (basic/intermediate); Arabic (desirable)
Nationality: Turkish National (essential)
Place of work: Gaziantep
• Carry out or supervise all maintenance logistic activities in the base (local infrastructure) according to MSF protocols in order to have the material infrastructure in optimal conditions.
• Perform stock management in Warehouse and consumables store assuring proper reception, storage and dispatch of goods.
• Carry out local purchases as instructed by Supply Department analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply, while guaranteeing best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Check and ensure the maintenance of MSF premises
• Perform stock management in Warehouse and consumables store
• Track consumption of supplies used in different facilities
• Warrantees drinking water supply to all the premises
• Manage key stocks for all premises
• Manage the timely reception and payment of services bills
• Perform basic rehabilitation works in infrastructure
• Prepare requests for his/her sector activity, check their proper reception and conditions.
• Carry out local purchases and ensures that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased
• Manage a basic stock of tools and repairing material
• Plan vehicles movements, track individual trips, and ensure implementation of security measures
• Participate in ICT related activities like computer backups, computer clean up, etc
• Supervise the visit and work of contracted services
• Participate in the updating of assets inventories
• Manage the stock of telephones for visitors.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled “BASE LOGISTICIAN – SYRIA/TURKEY” before March 10, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.