Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Base Logistician
Responsible to: Supply Manager; Logistics Coordinator
Work Place: Şanlıurfa, with travels to surrounding areas
Carry out or supervise all maintenance logistic activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, local infra-structure) according to MSF protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan vehicles movements, track individual trips, and ensure implementation of security measures
- Track consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.)
- Check domestic waste is correctly discarded. Check the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...)
- Check and ensure the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings... and security conditions. In this sense, make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities
- Perform maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment
- Renew the authorization to use radio material with local authorities
- Checks the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations
- Prepare orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, check their proper reception and state
- Carry out local purchases and ensures that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased
- Manage the Urfa mobile phone inventory
- Follow up on payments and relations with service and material suppliers
- Assist the Urfa logistics team with various tasks as instructed by the line manager
- Participates in trainings at the request of the line manager
Education: Secondary Education (essential)
Experience: None is required. Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is a plus.
Languages: English and Turkish essential; Kurdish or Arabic a plus
Knowledge: Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet) essential
Competencies: Negotiation skills, good communication skills; result-orientated, team-working, committed, good stress management. High level of flexibility required.
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles: (http://www.msf.org/msf-charter-and-principles) (http://sinirtanimayandoktorlar.org/hakkimizda/tuzuk-ve-ilkelerimiz/)
Deadline for application is Monday, February 08, 2016.
Interested candidates submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per email to email@example.com. Only applications that fulfill the formal requirements will be considered. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job vacancy is for Şanlıurfa, Turkey. No accommodation or relocation allowance will be given.