Ankara - Turkey
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is looking for a candidate to fill the position of: Finance Coordinator
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Mission location: Based in Ankara/Turkey
Placement: He/she reports to International Representative; he/she collaborates with the Financial Controller at Head Quarters & HR Coordinator
Nationality: Turkish Nationals
- Supervise, define, propose, harmonize and ensure MSF financial standards and compliance with Turkish Law requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the financial management and financial administration of the international office (budget, accounting, treasury, reporting, donors, local audits, auditing procedures, legal financial and administrative obligations etc.) in compliance with MSF policies and procedures in order to provide accurate, transparent, timeliness and reliable financial information to the organization and third parties.
- Serves as the link between registered chartered accountant and the Finances Coordinators of the field teams. Is the focal point for all financial issues. Works in close cooperation with the Legal/Admin/HRCo. Coordinates with FinCos for all issues related to MSF Turkey registration requirements.
- Is responsible for the banking, bookkeeping, coordinate and oversee monthly closure, payments to suppliers, expat financial administration, cashbox management, with the aim that the statement reflects the financial reality of the IR Office.
- Is the responsible for the correct payment of wages for the national staff employed in the IR Office, ensure correct control levels and to ensure policies and procedures are correctly implemented.
- In charge of the relationship with the bank and the registered chartered accountant in all the matters related to financial registration requirements and compliance with Turkish laws.
- Coordinates with FinCos of all teams operating in Turkey for Syria, contributing to MSF objectives definitions and plans. (organize meetings, send memos, keep information updated)
- Is responsible to accurately produce the annual financial budget of the IR Office, together with budget holders and in coherence with the yearly plan, to update this budget throughout the budget cycle, to ensure budget is relevant and proportionate, and to anticipate changes and challenges and plan accordingly.
- Is responsible to provide insight on the fin/admin health of the IR office (budget, reviews, follow up, yearly check…). Produces regular and adequate indicators to monitor financial activity of MSF in Turkey, to produce and share relevant cost analysis (impact of social security, external services, taxation…)
- Is responsible to assess, anticipate and report financial risks in Turkey, suggest follow-up to manage and mitigate these risks in accordance with MSF policies. (context follow up, financial situation, exchange ratios…)
- Is responsible to ensure compliance with MSF policies, that reliable internal control systems are in place, and financial ethics is respected, and ensure compliance with Turkish legal context; design relevant local policies, procedures and tools for optimized management of the IR Office financial resources.
- Is responsible to execute the financial funding strategy, as defined in the procedures. Ensure reporting conditions are met and stakeholders are informed of their responsibilities (logistics for stock inventory, quotations, contracts, bids, donations, etc.)
- Is responsible for supervising the contracts of services (maintenance, rental of premises, etc.) together with Legal/Adm/HrCo. Draft and check contracts and agreements in line with the existing legal framework, decide on relevant insurance to subscribe, seek legal advice when needed.
- Is responsible to select, train, induct & coach staff in all aspects related to accounting, finance and budget, as well as make key executive staff such as coordinators, budget holders & and relevant managers aware of financial risks that might arise and the scope of their financial responsibilities.
- Collaborates with Legal/Admin/HRCo for local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour matters as well as promote internal audits, in order to determine the legality and veracity of the accounts of MSF in Turkey.
- Is responsible, when assigned, of feasibility studies, designing, proposing other procedures or initiatives with impact in the financial management, such as modality of payments of international staff under work permits, organisation of private limited company, common warehousing…
Required Experience and Skills
Education: University degree required, preferably in Economics or Finances management.
Experience: Previous experience in relevant jobs with MSF or other NGOs. MSF experience in coordination positions highly desirable.
Languages: Turkish and English essential.
- Commitment to MSF's principles
- Behavioural flexibility
- Analytical thinking
- Results and quality orientation
- Service orientation
- Planning and organising
- People management and development
Candidates have to provide:
- CV in English
- Letter of motivation in English
- Name of 3 References
If you are interested and available to work, please email this requested information to email@example.com with the subject “Finance Coordinator” in the email.
Application deadline: 01/07/2016 at 16.00 hours.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.