Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Gynaecologist - Obstetrician
Requirements for the position
Education: Essential - Gynaecologist/Obstetrician degree
Experience: Essential - 2 years of experience (including specialization years); desirable - previous experience in management of team; desirable - previous work experience in an international NGO.
Languages: Essential - Arabic; desirable - English
Place of work: Based in Al Salamah Hospital.
- Provides gynaecological and obstetric care according to CEmOC: ANC, PNC, FP, gynaecological and obstetric emergencies, management of admitted patients, etc. Is the responsible to provide the best obstetrical/gynaecological care to the patient
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Knows and follows all the organization’s protocols and all other specific validated protocols of the hospital
- Ensures that professional confidentiality is respected
- In collaboration with the anaesthetist and/or surgeon provides the best surgical care in the operating theatre.
- In collaboration with the midwives provides quality care, obstetrical and for new-born in the maternity and delivery ward and OPD.
- Intervene in complicated obstetrical procedures (vacuum extraction, breech or twins delivery, manual removal of placenta, MVA, curettage, shoulder dystocia, etc.) and participate on the training of the midwives on those procedures.
- Ensure to provide 24/7 CEmOC (with the help of surgeons skilled to perform C/S)
- Diagnosis and immediate treatment of obstetrical emergencies (foetal distress, obstructed labour, antepartum haemorrhage, postpartum haemorrhage, sepsis, ectopic pregnancy, uterine rupture, etc.)
- With the help of midwife, stabilize patients to be referred.
- Supervise and follow-up of family planning, antenatal and postnatal care.
- Support to the midwife about chronic or acute diseases in pregnancy (diabetes, hypertension, asthma, urolithyasis, etc)
- Participates in emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the organization’s area of work upon request.
- Participates on the assessment of gynaecological/obstetric services or needs upon request.
- Ensure the proper and permanent update of patients’ files and the registration of all the clinical data of patients and the statistics of activities of the department.
- Supervise that all the observations and provided care is properly registered on the patient’s file.
- Participate in the data collection and analysis (e.g. monthly medical reports).
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in ENGLISH to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled “Gynaecologist/Obstetrician“ before February 7, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.