Turkey - Gaziantep
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Head of Mission Assistant (HoM) – Turkey
Requirements for the position
Education: University level studies or similar
Experience: Previous experience in humanitarian aid, preferably with MSF (essential); very good understanding of the functioning of the different administrations in Turkey (critical)
Languages: English and Turkish essential; Arabic an asset
Nationality: Turkish national
Place of work: Gaziantep
Provide support to the mission by assisting the Head of Mission in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to facilitate coordination tasks in the mission.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Assist the HoM in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organisational activities and individual behaviours
- Keep good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts (other NGO’s, UN agencies, local authorities…) verifying that they are easily accessible in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the HoM, represents MSF in meetings (NGO, official bodies, administration…).
- Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for International, Regional and Relocated Staff.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com entitled “HEAD OF MISSION ASSISTANT – TURKEY” before June 21, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and/or technical test.