Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is looking for a candidate to fill the position of Hospital Logistician.
Job Title: Hospital Logistician
Mission Location: Based in Syria, Atmeh town
Placement: Refers to Logistic Officer
Working Hours: Standard office working hours (8:00h am – 17:30h pm), Sunday to Thursday; flexibility required when needed
- Facilitate the proper management of all logistic aspects for the medical activities of the hospital and ensure the necessary support for MSF activities to be able to run.
- Partake in capacity-build the national staff and assist in their supervision as per delegated responsibilities.
- Represent, as a MSF team member, the humanitarian values and principles of the organization.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the medical facilities, ensuring the indoor and outdoor spaces are proper to MSF medical activities (cleanliness, security, general status) and be proactive in proposing and implementing solutions.
- Responsible for a proper preventive and corrective maintenance and follow up on MSF equipment’s (including biomed) in the hospital, together with the logistic technical team.
- Manage water and sanitation, ensure water supply and quantity and quality enough to run the medical activities
- Ensure that power supply is sufficient in quantity and quality to run the activities ; if any abnormality refer to his direct supervisor.
- Manage the waste destruction process and ensure that the medical and dangerous wastes are handled according to MSF procedures.
- Oversee the needs of rehabilitation and or construction, develop proposal, handle the procedures and supervise the implementation of the works. All process to be in collaboration with the Logistic Officer.
- Manage and organize his team, issuing rosters, define each person`s task and follow on quality of the tasks achieved, responsible for evaluations.
- Responsible for issuing a monthly activity report regarding the activities being under his responsibility and participate in logistics reporting with the Logistics Officer.
- It might be asked to all MSF staff to be flexible and to perform additional activities whenever it is needed. In case of any problem, immediately communicate to his supervisor.
Required Experience and Skills
- 2 years of experience in relevant position
- Team management
- Working experience with MSF or other NGOs appreciated
Languages: Good spoken and written English and Arabic compulsory
Computer skills: Computer literacy (Outlook, Word and Excel) is a must.
- Understanding of local and regional customs and sensitivities to various ethnic groups
- General technical skills (electricity, building, mechanic, plumbing, supply)
- Diplomacy, flexible attitude and patienceAnalysis capacity, planning, organizational and evaluating skills
- Teamwork (ability to work with other people, whether they be medical or non-medical, to bear in mind other priorities...)
- Ability to act as part of a multi-cultural and multidisciplinary team
- Responsibility, initiative and motivation, problem solving capacity
- Willingness to keep learning and implementing new activities
- Quality-driven (go beyond his/her “formal” responsibilities seeking quality outputs and improvement of working processes)
- Communication skills (listen and communicate in an effective, specific, positive way)
- Flexibility (capacity to adjust to changes in the job profile, to adapt the work hours to the needs of the mission, willing to go beyond her/his job profile if needed)
- Ability to cope with stress
- Capacity for emergency response
- Respect to Islamic customs
Candidates have to provide:
- CV in English
- Letter of motivation in English
- Copy of work certificate for positions mentioned in CV
If you are interested and available to work, please email this requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Hospital Logistician” in the subject of the email.
Deadline date to receive application: February 16, 2016
We will only contact selected candidates for an interview.
We thank all candidates for their interest.