Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator Assistant
Responsible to: Logistics Coordinator / Supply Manager
Work Place: Şanlıurfa, with travels to surrounding areas
Assist the logistics coordinator in specific activities and assume some delegated tasks, according to his/her instructions and complying with MSF standards, in order to ensure a proper logistic management in Şanlıurfa and provide support to logistic activities in the projects.
- Plan and supervise the logistics within the coordination base (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness…), in order to ensure the best operational working conditions in Şanlıurfa
- Ensure complete human resource administration for the Şanlıurfa logistics team
- Conduct general logistics briefings with new staff
- When delegated; support the logistics coordinator and/or the supply manager in organizing the ordering and transport of goods to the different projects, in order to comply with their needs in terms of quality and timelines
- Organize and supervise the fleet of vehicle in the coordination base (driver’s schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), in order to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs
- Assist Mission Techlog with; check-up and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT equipment, in order to ensure a continuous and appropriate flow of information and communication
- Assist Mission Techlog with; maintaining the Şanlıurfa equipment inventory
- Manage and maintain the Şanlıurfa mobile phone fleet
- Ensure repair and maintenance of Şanlıurfa facilities and technical equipment, and inform the logistic coordinator in case of any further needs to maintain operations.
- Responsible for the Şanlıurfa office store; monitors stock levels, maintains stock cards and requests replenishment orders, using standard MSF tools,
- Provides direct support to other project locations, and activities as delegated by the Logistics Coordinator
- Inform the logistics coordinator in case of any major issue and draw-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making
Education: Essential: secondary education plus further relevant training
Experience: Essential: experience in a similar job (minimum 2 years); desirable: previous experience with MSF or other INGOs in the logistic field
Languages: English and Turkish essential; Kurdish and Arabic a plus
Knowledge: Essential - computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet)
Competencies: Very good communication skills; attention to details; result-orientated, team-working, committed, good stress management
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles:
Interested candidates should submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is on Friday, 22 January 2016.
Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. Only applications that fulfill the formal requirements will be considered.