Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: MD Pediatrician
Requirements for the position
Education: Medical Doctor diploma and specialization in Pediatrics
Experience: 2 year experience minimum as a Pediatrician or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable previous work experience in international NGO.
Languages: Essential - Arabic; desirable - English
Place of work: Based in Al Salamah Hospital
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to pediatric patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Examination of children assessing growth and development
- Examination of patients in order to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
- Ordering of any relevant diagnostic tests to facilitate diagnosis.
- Plan and execute medical care program including rational prescription
- Monitoring of patients condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary
- Explanation of procedures as well as discussion of test results to parents/caretakers
- Direct and coordinate the activities of nurses and other medical staff on paediatric unit
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialised medical care to treat and prevent illness or disease or injury in paediatric patients.
- Follow the MSF protocols and guidelines
- Informing the Medical Activity Manager in case of medical related issue and/or erro
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in ENGLISH to email@example.com entitled "Paediatrician" or submit a copy at the MSF respective office in Al Salamah before the February 7, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.