Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Requirements for the position
Education: Essential - medical doctor diploma; Desirable - studies or specialization in Surgery or Internal Medicine. Knowledge of surgery.
Essential working experience of at least one year in management (medically-related) jobs
Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs.
Desirable experience in managing teams.
Desirable experience in management of Hospitals
Languages: Essential: Arabic and English
Other: Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Others: Syrian nationality and holds a valid passport.
Place of work: Based in Kilis with weekly visits to the field. 70% of working time to be spent inside Syria and 30% in Kilis.
Salary: Based on the organization scale
Is responsible for the medical supervision of activities and management of staff at Al Salama Hospital, the planning, organization, monitoring of all hospital medical activities ensuring the proper implementation of medical protocols, the quality of medical care ,patients follow up and referral at Al Salamah hospital.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Checks and ensures that all MSF protocols are properly followed
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of the medical doctors’ team according to MSF procedures and responsible of the planning of medical activities together with the medical staff, including meetings, trainings and all the educational activities.
• In collaboration with the other managers and supervisors (nurse and midwife), identifies and defines the staff’s needs in training and consequently proposes to the MTL and expat nurse the priorities in terms of training for the medical team.
• In agreement with MTL, Expat nurse and other supervisors, organizes, plans and implements trainings for the hospital staff.
• Responsible for the correct medical data collection , report and analysis, and ensures the review of these data before sharing it with the translator in order to ensure the quality.
• Responsible for the compilation of the weekly medical statistics directly or indirectly through supervision of the concerned staff and weekly/monthly report
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English to email@example.com with reference to “Medical Activity Manager” before Feb 24, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.
For further info about MSF, please visit:
Facebook: MSF HALAB