Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Medical Doctor (male or female)
Responsible to: Medical Team Leader / Medical Coordinator
Work Place: Akçakale, with travels to surrounding areas
Provide support to partner organization/hospitals in outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients / beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF/WHO protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards in collaboration with Local Partners
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager and project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF/WHO medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Education: Essential - Degree or diploma in Medicine
Experience: Essential - 2 years of experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work; desirable: previous experience with MSF or other INGOs
Languages: English and Arabic essential; Kurdish and Turkish desirable
Knowledge: Essential: computer literacy (word, excel, outlook and internet)
Competencies: Excellent communication and people management skills; result-orientated, team-working, committed, good stress management
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles:
Interested candidates should submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is on Wednesday, 20.01.2016.
Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.