Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Medical Monitoring Officer
Requirements for the position
Education: Essential medical doctor diploma
Experience and Qualifications:
- Essential working experience as a medical doctor minimum one year of relevant clinical experience in Syria ,preferably in a field hospital
- Medical specialization in one of the following domains is an added value;
o Internal medicine
- Desirable previous work experience in international NGO.
Languages: Essential - Fluent written and oral Arabic and English
Flexiblity: Irregular working hours and willingness to travel
- Syrian nationality and holds a valid passport.
- Willingness to work in an insecure context and respecting operational protocols to mitigate security risks, including respecting hierarchy in case of security threats.
Place of work: Syria
Salary & Benefits: Will be explained to the candidate at the interview
General Objective: Implement the MSF support/emergency programs in the provinces Idleb, Latakia and Hama by carrying out medical evaluations and by providing medical support.
Main responsibilities: In strong collaboration with the Project Medical Referent (PMR) and the Medical Support Team, the medical monitoring officer is responsible of obtaining and maintaining the necessary contacts with the medical actors in our areas of operations. The Medical Monitoring Officer monitors and analyses the humanitarian and medical situation in our areas of operation and shares the obtained information with the Medical Support Team. Together with the monitoring officer will present recommendations to the support team in Turkey on how to improve the Support Project activities. In Addition to this, the medical monitoring officer follows up the medical impact of our support program and facilitates, the program by providing medical technical support for the supported facilities.
- Expand and reinforce the medical networks of communication of the Support Project inside Syria.
- Assist in the follow up of the impact of the provided medical support.
o Visit the supported medical facilities on a regular basis and on demand.
o Collect medical information from the facilities and assist the facility in improving reporting methods.
o Crosscheck information with medical staff and patients.
o Assist in developing mapping, reporting and M&E tools.
- Do assessments to re-orient the provided medical support.
o Collect information about the population, medical and humanitarian needs.
o Preform outbreak investigation where needed (confirm clinical case definitions, support laboratory diagnosis).
o Explore support needs. (New areas, facilities, IDPs, camps).
o Assist in documenting information to be used for advocacy.
o Do assessments of medical structures and their activities (supported and considered for support) .
- Facilitate medical technical support:
o After discussion and agreement with the Medical Support Team, give technical support to the medical staff working in our supported facilities and implement procedures and training suggested by MSF medical team.
- Punctual tasks
o Provide the medical team with relevant information regarding the reported medical cases.
o Linked to operations may be required to perform clinical work and follow up according MSF standards.
- Flexibility: additional tasks can be requested by supervisor.
-Sociable, Good in networking
-Good reporting skills
-Familiar with other actors in health care (public, local – and/or international NGOs)
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English to MSFOCB-Hatay-SupportManager@brussels.msf.org entitled “Medical Monitoring Officer".
Deadline for applications is March 3, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.