Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Medical Supply Manager
Responsible to: Logistics Coordinator
Work Place: Şanlıurfa, with travels to surrounding areas
Responsibility for efficient operation of the medical supply chain (order management, purchase management, stock management, freight management) in the country. Responsibility to insure that the MSF medical supply protocols and standards are applied and observed.
Supply chain set up/management
- Responsible for setting up communication lines with all medical suppliers and create service level agreements
- Acts on Medical Orders originating from Projects or the Capital team. Managing all aspects of the process.
- Advise the projects on lead-time of medical items (drugs, medical consumables and biomed equipment)
- Provide information on purchase and advises on delivery via stock, local purchase or international order
- Responsible for routing the requests through Stock request, Purchase List and/or Purchase order
- Create and maintain supplier green lists, confirming access to products from validated manufacturer
- Compare prices and opt for the best price quality offer in collaboration with the MSF pharmacist
- Approach and evaluate medical suppliers
- Negotiate and prepare purchase contracts and service level agreements
- Follow-up on status of purchase orders, claims and/or complaints
- Follow-up on supplier payments with the Financial Department
- Closely monitor and analyse the medical stock level related to monthly consumption figure, expiry dates, excess drugs and possible shortages in the capital
- Follow-up and register all incoming cargo
- Prepare and distribute the monthly stock review
- Produces periodic medical order based on the minimum and maximum stock and the monthly consumption
- Carry out random stock check and report discrepancy to the Logistics Coordinator
- Communicate with local suppliers about the status of cargo, plan the preparation of storage space and inform the projects on delivery status and organize cargo to the projects
- In collaboration with the Logistics Supply Manager communicate about prioritizing of project cargo
- Ensure efficient supply administration and maintenance of standard tools
- In collaboration with the Logistical Supply manager is responsible for the medical components of the database
- Responsible for filing documents, correspondence and other papers relating to local medical supply
- Analyze the database of standard items and to compare it periodically with regularly ordered items
- Monthly, quarterly and annual logistics reporting on supply in collaboration with the Supply team
Education: Secondary education plus further relevant training (essential)
Experience: Experience in a similar job (minimum 2 years) is essential; previous experience with MSF or other INGOs in the logistic field is desirable
Languages: Fluency in Turkish, very good English (essential); Kurdish and Arabic a plus
Knowledge: Computer literacy (word, excel, outlook and internet) is essential.
Competencies: Very good communication skills; attention to details; result-orientated, team-working, committed, good stress management
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles: (http://www.msf.org/msf-charter-and-principles; http://sinirtanimayandoktorlar.org/hakkimizda/tuzuk-ve-ilkelerimiz/)
Deadline for application is Monday, February 08, 2016.
Interested candidates submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per email to email@example.com. Only applications that fulfill the formal requirements will be considered. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job vacancy is for Şanlıurfa, Turkey. No accommodation or relocation allowance will be given.