Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Partnership Manager
Responsible to: Project Coordinator/Coordination-Team
Work Place: Şanlıurfa, with travels to surrounding areas
Has responsibility for efficiently managing MSF’s partnerships with Turkish NGOs.
- Is responsible for representing MSF on project level towards external actors, mainly with MSF’s Turkish partner organizations as well as other INGO’s and local NGO’s based in Şanlıurfa and Akçakale
- Is responsible for negotiating and maintaining good relationships with Turkish Partner organisations, to actively contribute to Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) and other agreements with partners, while maintaining MSF’s interests and policies under the guidance of the Project Coordinator.
- With support from the Management Team, in particular the Project Coordinator and Mental Health Officer, is responsible for the planning and implementation of interventions on project level with local partner organizations
- Is responsible for draft project planning and reporting in the control cycle, and timely preparation of draft (emergency) project proposals and budgets
- Is responsible for monitoring of progress of project activities and for proposing adjustments as required
- Manages and coordinates the smooth running of project activities according to the project proposal / log frame
- Ensures effective communication with the partner organisations (STL / Support to Life and IBC / International Blue Crescent)
- Is responsible for the appropriate planning and ensures rational and accountable use of resources (human, financial, material) and adherence to relevant administrative policies and procedures in the project
- Is responsible for providing leadership
- Promotes humanitarian values and a culture of debate in the project team
- Is responsible to ensure adherence to organizational and mission human resource management policies and procedures in Partner Organizations
- Is responsible to ensure adherence to logistics policies, standards and procedures in the project
- Ensures adherence to all internal and relevant external financial management protocols and procedures
- Ensures appropriate and timely development, monitoring and control, and adjustment of partner organisation budgets
- Ensures adherence to internal and external reporting requirements on project level
- Ensures the project’s support needs are clearly articulated to the Project Coordinator and Management Team
Education: Essential: secondary education
Experience: Essential: experience in a similar job (minimum 2 years);
Desirable: previous experience with MSF or other INGOs in a relevant similar job
Languages: Essential: Fluency in Turkish, very good English; Kurdish and Arabic a plus
Knowledge: Essential: computer literacy (word, excel, outlook and internet)
Competencies: Very good communication skills; capacity to negotiate; leadership capacity; analytical thinking; result-orientated, team-working; committed; good stress management
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles: (http://www.msf.org/msf-charter-and-principles; http://sinirtanimayandoktorlar.org/hakkimizda/tuzuk-ve-ilkelerimiz/)
Deadline for application is Wednesday, February 10, 2016.
Interested candidates submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per email to email@example.com.
Only applications that fulfill the formal requirements will be considered. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job vacancy is for Şanlıurfa, Turkey. No accommodation or relocation allowance will be given.