Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Personnel Administration Manager (male or female)
Responsible to: Human Resources Coordinator
Work Place: Şanlıurfa, with travels to surrounding areas
Is responsible of ensuring that MSF is a responsible employer in the mission, supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes full responsibility of all administrative and legal issues in the Projects
• Know labour legislation in force in Turkey; keep her/himself informed of any amendment made in labour legislation by regularly checking legislation sources and/or regularly meeting with lawyer, other local authorities at this level
• Know all MSF policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles regarding all staff (national, international, regional, etc.), working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc., adapts them to the Mission reality and ensures an equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the Mission
• Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff
• In close collaboration with HRCo, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place in order to ensure they are aware and respect their rights and duties
• Is responsible to ensure that all functions and job profiles at Mission level meet with the Mission’s function grid approved by HQ and are aligned with MSF Standard Job Profiles and Function Grid
• Is responsible to ensure that National Staff remuneration and benefits meet with the Mission’s salary grid validated by HQ, Internal Regulations and HR policies
• In close coordination with the Financial Coordinator, ensures fulfilment of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at Mission level
• Informs HRCo in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps HRCo informed at any time
• Ensure that MSF, as an employer, as well as all MSF employees comply with safety and risk prevention measures as stated by local legislation and/or MSF standard policies and procedures
• Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files at Mission level
• Upon request of the HRCo, maintain regular contact with ministries, national administrations, other MSF sections and other NGOs to improve/keep up to date with administrative practices
• Knows Homere (the MSF Personnel Management System) in depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the projects
• Ensure, in close collaboration with HRCo and Logistics department, that all international and internal movements in the Mission are properly managed, and ensures proper accommodation conditions
• Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
Education: Degree in administration related studies or comparable university degree.
Experience: Relevant working experience of at least two years in Human Resources and administration. Very good understanding of the functioning of the Turkish administrative / Governmental structures and practices.
Languages: Essential - English and Turkish; Kurdish or Arabic an asset
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet)
Competencies: Strong (self-) organizational and interpersonal and people management skills, flexibility, multi-task management, very good communication skills; result-orientated, team-working, committed, good stress management.
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles: (http://www.msf.org/msf-charter-and-principles; http://sinirtanimayandoktorlar.org/hakkimizda/tuzuk-ve-ilkelerimiz/)
Deadline for application is on Saturday, March 19, 2016.
Interested candidates submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications that fulfil the formal requirements will be considered. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job vacancy is for Şanlıurfa, Turkey. No accommodation or relocation allowance will be given.