We are looking for a “full-time” Psychologist, who will work in the project “Primary Health Care and Mental Health & Psycho-Social support project for refugees & migrants in Kilis”, implemented by Helsinki Citizens Assembly (hcA) with the financial and technical support of Médecins Sans Frontiéres (MSF). The project is conducted under the framework of HcA’s Refugee Advocacy & Support Program.
MSF is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Requirements for the position
Studies: Essential diploma in Psychology
Languages: Arabic is essential. English and/or Turkish would be an asset
Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years as psychologist (clinical experience). Desirable working experience with other NGOs.
Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Skills: Good communication and interpersonal skills; multi-cultural flexibility to be able to work in harmony different cultures; flexibility to respond to emergencies; teamwork to work in a team
To provide mental health care to the refugees, migrants, asylum seekers with no-access to health services through a comprehensive psycho-medical-social program.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Assess mental health and psychosocial needs of beneficiaries
- Conduct psychotherapeutic/psychological support, individual and/or group sessions for beneficiaries
- Provide first psychological aid, single session or brief psychotherapy to patients according to protocols
- Establish regular sessions with patients and follow them up
- Upon clinical assessment, whenever pertinent, refer patients for further psychiatric treatment and follow up accordingly, (when needed to other medical services)
- Assess socio-economic and administrative needs of patients and refer to social work services whenever needed.
- Implement the SGBV protocol, whenever needed.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all levels.
- Keep record and statistics of daily activities
- Keep punctual records of every clinical activity.
- Document and register data, related with patients and MH activities conducted according to project procedures and protocols.
- Inform line manager of any problems that might be linked to work of psychologists as well as problematic equipment or material (ex. broken, missing).
- Be aware of any document regarding detailed responsibilities of psychologists (ex. protocols, reports to be done)
- Actively participate in meetings with MHAM and MH team (individual and group clinical supervisions, clinical trainings, operational and/or administrative meetings etc.)
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in Arabic or English or Turkish to firstname.lastname@example.org titled “Psychologist” before 10 July 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.