We are looking for a Full Time Qualified Interpreter, who will work in the project “Primary Health Care and Mental Health & Psycho-Social support project for refugees & migrants in Kilis”, implemented by Helsinki Citizens Assembly (hcA) with the financial and technical support of Médecins Sans Frontiéres (MSF). The project is conducted under the framework of HcA’s Refugee Advocacy & Support Program.
Requirements for the position
- Higher education (medical degree would be a definite asset).
- Professional training in English language.
- English and Arabic are mandatory.
- Turkish is a plus.
- Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in hCa or MSF or other NGOs.
- Experience in written and oral translations and performing administrative tasks.
- Essential computer literacy (MS Office)
- Desirable good knowledge of area of work
- Organizational skills, multi-tasks management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-cultural flexibility or experience with respecting different cultures
- Flexibility– being able to work in a team and respond to emergencies
- Perform specific activities related to interpretation, translation, negotiation and representation, according to line supervisor’s instructions and hCa procedures and protocols, in order to ensure a proper representation and understanding of hCa activities and core values. Actively supports, contributes and autonomously implements activities and duties as designated by supervisor.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Assists the Supervisor with administrative aspects of project management in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- All requested written and oral interpretation and translation. - Performs all administrative tasks required by supervisor (arrangement of meetings, minute taking, reports, etc.).
- In collaboration with the line supervisor and Liaison Officer updates the list of actors in Kilis and surrounded areas and stabilizes areas of collaboration
- Establishes and maintains professional contacts with relevant Syrian local actors and keep update the contact data base/actor’s mapping/meeting log book.
- Provides necessary feedbacks to the line supervisor following discussions and negotiations. He/she is the link between hCa and the Syrian community in Kilis.
- Ensures that all meeting minutes are recorded and that translated documents are properly filed.
- Assists with reporting (Info Point, context for the SitRep, etc.).
- Ensures confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Assists the other departments for any relative work needed.
- Immediately informs line supervisor of any problems that might be linked to individual behaviour (counterproductive and/or culturally insensitivity) and that might involve the Syrian community in Kilis.
- Working Hours: Standard office working hours from Monday to Friday. Saturday if needed.
- Net monthly salary is 2030 TL.
- Transportation is provided for candidates who come from Gaziantep
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com entitled “Qualified Interpreter” before March 13, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.