Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Qualified Translator
Requirements for the position
Education: Desirable language high school related diploma
English: Essential (Written and spoken fluent English)
Turkish: Essential - mother tongue
Arabic: Essential (Written and Spoken fluent)
Flexibility: Required for working hours. Weekend work not planned in advance
Skills:Motivation, dynamism, diplomatic, coordination skills, collaboration; computer skills if possible
Other: Driving licence –Essential –To be able to travel out of Hatay
Duration of the contract: 2 months
Place of work: Hatay office and travelling out of Hatay
The translator is responsible of:
• the oral and written translation from Arabic or Turkish to English and vice-versa whenever required .
• confidentiality regarding all the internal and external information gathered when doing translation.
• ensuring that the translation is un-biased and as much correct as possible. If any doubt, the translator is responsible of asking for clarification before translating.
• To ensure oral translation Arabic/English and Turkish and vice-versa for the international staff .
• To ensure the oral translation during meetings
• To ensure the written translation Arabic/English and Turkish and vice-versa of letters .
• To respect the medical confidentiality of the information gathered when translating medical conditions
• To ensure oral translation for official and unofficial meeting.
• To respect the confidentiality of the information gathered during official and unofficial meetings
• To prepare in advance together with the international staff for meetings, training etc if needed.
• To translate correctly without personal interpretation of the translation
• To help with the collection of the medical statistics and with the encoding of the data when required
• To be calm and diplomatic in any circumstance, and to act according to MSF principles and the MSF Charter
• To facilitate the collaboration and teamwork among all the staff in the project
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English to MSFOCB-Hatay-Admin@brussels.msf.org entitled "Translator - HATAY/TURKEY” before May 1, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.