Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Secretary
Requirements for the position
Education: Secondary education and secretarial related studies
Experience: Desirable working experience of two years in similar jobs
Languages: Essential Turkish and English, Arabic an asset
Other: Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and İnternet)
Place of work: Gaziantep
Perform secretarial administrative activities (correspondence, telephone, writing minutes, documents, mail, photocopies ...) according to the instructions of the supervisor and MSF rules and protocols to ensure efficient administrative support to MSF office staff.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Write and/or check official letters, reports and other documents related to the Mission
- Arrange and confirm appointments, keep a diary of absences, meetings and holidays up to date.
- Maintain a call register (incoming and outgoing) informing the individuals about the calls received during his/her absence.
- Manage all incoming /outgoing mail/packages/faxes, ensuring a proper registration and delivery to internal or external recipients.
- Monitor the person in charge of the mail and check the receipts, as well as the courier company and perform billing for services rendered.
- Manage office stationary supply and place orders on time to avoid running out of stock
- Supervise the printing of copies and binding of documents.
- Welcome guests and visitors, ensuring that the reception area is in good, clean condition
- Inform supervisors in the case of any incident / problem.
- Be involved with the staff permits procedure and carry out support activities (opening/closure of bank account, PTT, DGMM, DHL, translators, etc)
- Help to organize internal and external events (meetings, presentations, etc) in sending invitations, ordering the catering, arranging accommodation, etc.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English to email@example.com entitled “SECRETARY - TURKEY” before 28.01.2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.