Helsinki Citizens' Assembly & Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
We are looking for a full time Social Worker, who will work in the project “Primary Health Care and Mental Health & Psycho-Social support project for refugees & migrants in Kilis”, implemented by Helsinki Citizens Assembly (hcA) with the financial and technical support of Médecins Sans Frontiéres (MSF). The project is conducted under the framework of HcA’s Refugee Advocacy & Support Program.
Requirements for the position
Studies: Desirable degree in social work, nursing, psychosocy or education.
Languages: Turkish and Arabic essential, English desirable.
Experience: Two years minimum in a similar social job or related with refugees assistance; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable
Knowledge: Computer skills, teamwork, flexibility, initiative, commitment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-cultural flexibility or experience with respecting different cultures
- Flexibility– being able to work in a team and respond to emergencies
- Willing to work closely with local staff and community while having sensitivity to public and private matters (without commingling them).
Main objectives: Carry out all social-related activities, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Identify social needs of patients through a social assessment. Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice,…) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
• Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
• Contact beneficiaries at least once after their referral to another service to follow them up.
• Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
• Mapping and regular update of social actors, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
• Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in Arabic and/or Turkish to email@example.com entitled “Social Worker” before 19th April 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.