Turkey - Gaziantep
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Supply Manager
Requirements for the position
Education: Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain.
Experience: Essential in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures. Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits in accordance to the nature of the project).
Languages: English and Turkish Essential
Nationality: Turkish National
Place of work: Gaziantep
Define supply strategies, coordinate the implementation of an efficient mission supply chain, according to MSF protocols and standards
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Proposes a supply strategy for the mission or its revision to the coordination team for validation, according to the mission’s context and the operational needs.
- In line with MSF’s protocols, policies, standards and guidelines, ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the validated mission supply strategy under the LogCo’s responsibility.
- Defines and ensures the implementation of the overall supply procedures, of an efficient supply administration and provides adapted tools to support the different supply activities.
- Acts as a permanent auditor of the supply chain: as such, (s)he monitors the different supply processes as well as the use of the tools and the accurate execution of the supply procedures and proposes adjustments where needed.
- Guarantees the standardisation of warehouse management focussing on medical stocks and the interactions with the distribution points.
- Ensures the stability of supply activities within regular and emergency intervention of the concerned projects.
- Evaluates the HR set-up related to supply (team sizes, JD, organigrams, division of tasks and responsibilities), manages the different supply teams in the mission (Coordination + Project) and participates in the selection, the follow-up (training-coaching) and evaluation of the staff under his supervision.
- Offers a permanent technical support to the supply teams as well as to all other departments in the mission (Fin, Med, …).
- Manages field visits on regular basis to offer a permanent support to the direct and indirect supply stakeholders.
- Validates the use of the supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies, freight forwarders, ..) proposed by the procurement officers, transport manager, together with the technical referents when needed.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com entitled “Supply Manager”
before July 5th, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and/or technical test.