Syria/Turkey - Gaziantep
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Supply Officer
Requirements for the position
Education: Secondary certificate is essential, related studies desirable.
Experience: Desirable working experience in supply chain activities related jobs; desirable working experience with other NGOs; desirable working experience in developing countries
Languages: English and Turkish essential
Place of work: Gaziantep
Main objectives: The Supply chain officer facilitates the proper supply management in the capital for both regular and emergency missions by assuming some tasks delegated by the supply manager and assisting him/her in specific activities. Based in Kilis.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Advices on the availability of the requested products on the local market in terms of quantity, quality and time constraint
- Collects the final versions of internal order documents
- Identifies and selects a list of local suppliers with the Logistic Coordinator or Supply Manager, applying quality standards
- Checks that procedures are followed during local purchasing (quotes and bids to tender) , ensures correct financial conditions and negotiates with service providers
- Follows up orders and outstanding balances
- Updates the contact list and maintains a network and good professional relations with the various partners
- Follows up the order during the whole supply process, keeping informed Logistics Coordinator or Supply Manager.
- Reacts in order to take appropriate measures according to field’s supply priorities
- Checks the physical state of orders on their arrival and taking all necessary measures in case of non-conformity
- Transfers the orders to the Store Keeper or Supply Manager and checks their conformity with the storage documents
- Helps the field with all its local purchase procedures
- Supports the purchaser notifying in advance the needs accordingly with the internal request
- Centralises field orders after approval from the Logistics & Medical Coordinator
- Works in close cooperation with finance department regarding expenses related to orders and needs of money related to supply.
- Processes with LX7 the order after approval (purchase, stocks, etc.)
- Follows up orders (overview of outstanding balances, etc)
- Passes regular and detailed information about order follow up to the field
- Ensures that storage, packing and management of stocks are done according to protocols
- Follow up the organization of the logistic stock
- Ensures that regular physical counts are done and that all stock cards are updated upon arrival or when sending items (regular follow up and inventories)
- Organises the re-supply of the stock for national and regional items
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org entitled “SUPPLY OFFICER” before February 3, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and/or technical test.