Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Supply Officer (male or female)
Responsible to: Supply Manager / Logistics Manager
Work Place: Şanlıurfa, with travels to surrounding areas
Ensure an efficient implementation of supply chain activities (order management, purchase management, stock management, and freight management) in the Şanlıurfa coordination office, guaranteeing a proper application of MSF supply procedures.
• Assists the Logistical Supply Manager with ensuring a smooth running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures and proposes adjustments where needed. In particular:
- Ensure efficient supply administration, and implementation of standard tools
- Responsible for filing documents, correspondence and other papers relating to supply in the projects, as well as the archives.
- Analyse the database of standard items and to compare it periodically with items regularly ordered.
• Back-up the Logistics Supply Manager responsibility for the supply database.
• Is responsible for correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation and guarantees the availability and the coherence of supply documentation.
• Is responsible for logistics purchase management, in particular:
- Responsible for follow-up of local purchase of logistics items and therefore, s (he) is responsible for communicating with local logistics suppliers.
- Prepare with the Logistics Supply Manager; market assessments, contracts, and supplier evaluations.
- Communicate with local suppliers for status of purchase orders, claims and/or complaints.
• Responsible for Urfa transit warehouse; monitoring of stock levels, updating of stock cards, consolidating stocks for transport, and managing the loading and unloading of delivery trucks
• Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
Education: Essential: degree or specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
Experience: Essential: experience in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in the organization of supply administration and procedures; desirable: previous experience with MSF or other INGOs in supply and logistics
Languages: English and Turkish essential; Kurdish and Arabic a plus
Knowledge: Essential: computer literacy (word, excel, outlook and internet)
Competencies: Excellent communication skills; attention to details; result-orientated, team-working, committed, good stress management
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles:
Deadline for application is on Saturday, February 27, 2016.
Interested candidates submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications that fulfil the formal requirements will be considered.
Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job vacancy is for Şanlıurfa, Turkey. No accommodation or relocation allowance will be given.