Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF adheres to the principles of independence, impartiality and neutrality and strictly follows the tenants of medical ethics and international humanitarian law.
Job Title: Technical Logistics Manager (male or female)
Responsible to: Logistics Coordinator
Work Place: Şanlıurfa, with travels to surrounding areas
- Assist the capital logistics team with planning, coordinating and monitoring all technical logistics needs in the mission with a specific focus on ICT, and with activities including direct program support to beneficiaries (shelter, food, water hygiene-sanitation and essential non-food items) as well as providing technical logistical support to medical programs, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Install and maintain systems and communications’ software and hardware according to MSF standards and policies, and support users, in order to ensure the efficient use of ITC systems and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in Şanlıurfa province, in conjunction with project logisticians in terms of construction, transport, communication, food, shelter, water and sanitation, and essential non-food items
• Monitor the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the Urfa ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development
• Ensure good functioning of vehicle fleet and other engines
• Assist in the Implementation of water and sanitation activities planned
• Guarantee means of communication
• Assist the Logistics Coordinator, Head of Mission and the HR Coordinator with planning and implementation of HR associated processes of the logistics staff in the projects
• Ensure installation and maintenance of electrical systems in the office spaces and lodgings for all teams
• Assist the capital team in monitoring and implementing technical aspects of the capital risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of project security policies
• Take mission wide responsibility for ICT systems including the direct installation and maintenance of ICT systems in Şanlıurfa province, and the remote support to teams in Syria
• Together with the Logistics Coordinator, analyse the ICT needs of the mission, draw up a draft of the ICT budget, and design an adapted strategy and plan and provide network security
• Compare quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services
• Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness
• Provide a 2nd and, in case of no presence of field ICT assistants on the field, 1st level help desk support
• Manage and in case of no presence of field ICT assistants provide corrective and preventive maintenance activities, updating and upgrading activities and ensure questions and problems related to ITC are solved, execute security management protocols
• Train local IT assistants, on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support
Education: Essential - relevant technical diploma
Experience: Essential - previous working experience of at least two years in IT; experience with MSF or other NGOs in this field of work. Desirable - experience in administration; work experience with MS, C&A, Veritas, etc.
Languages: Essential - English; Turkish, Arabic or Kurdish a plus
Knowledge: Essential - Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux); MS Office 2003/2007/2010; Microsoft Networks; Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN; dev. languages platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP; Configuration and set up of networks; Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus; Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc. Desirable: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
Competencies: Strong (self-) organizational and interpersonal skills, high level of flexibility, multi-task management, good communication skills; result-orientated, team-working, committed, good stress management.
MSF has a Charter and a Code of Conduct, outlining our ethics and principles. All staff members agree to honour these principles: (http://www.msf.org/msf-charter-and-principles; http://sinirtanimayandoktorlar.org/hakkimizda/tuzuk-ve-ilkelerimiz)
Deadline for application is on Tuesday, March 1, 2016. Interested candidates submit their letter of motivation and CV in English (including education, qualifications, previous experience and professional references) per email to email@example.com.
Only applications that fulfil the formal requirements will be considered. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
This job vacancy is for Şanlıurfa, Turkey. No accommodation or relocation allowance will be given.